If you want to find the best option for false nails, something that lasts a long time and is not complicated to do gel nails are your best option and in this note I will tell you everything you need to know. Let’s start with the main thing!
? What are gel nails?
The gel nails are one of the most used by women. It is an acrylic gel that is molded into the natural nail and is chemically configured to react to the ultraviolet rays of the drying lamps and thus complete the finish of the false nail. UV gel nails , like the other types of false nails, (you can see acrylic nails and also porcelain nails ) work on the basis of two monomers that come together to form a paste that is molded first and remains rigid in the end.
To complete the polymerization (hardening) process, it is necessary to resort to ultraviolet light to act as a catalyst and finish the gelish nail formation process.
? Advantages and benefits of gel nails
The advantages and benefits of gel nails (also called gelish nails) in general are very interesting and it is a good idea to keep them in mind when selecting the ideal type of false nails for each of us:
Application time and duration:
- Obviously, the duration of this type of treatment will depend on the preferred modality and the decoration techniques that are to be chosen.
- However, in general this process does not last but only 1:15 hours to achieve beautiful ones, perhaps this seems a lot to you but compared to its duration of 3 to 4 weeks it is nothing.
Less damage to natural nails:
Not only is it a perfect aesthetic treatment for those who have the habit of biting their nails (here we tell you how to stop biting their nails ) or who, due to nutritional or health problems, cannot have long and strong nails , they are also the type of Most recommended false nails for natural nail care .
It is true that they will also end up weakening the real nails due to the filing process that is mandatory to proceed in the technique, but it will also be an almost imperceptible damage and also the UV gel will not be as violent with your natural nails as other materials used in others. techniques.
Light and flexible material:
One of the main advantages of gellish nails is that they are formed based on a very light material that makes them much more pleasant for day to day. In addition, this same characteristic makes them more resistant to possible unintentional blows and they will not break so easily.
Shine and better finish:
UV gel is the best of all materials to decorate nails and add the finishing touch to the finish. It is even used as a complement to other false nail techniques.
This is because they never lose their shine, they do not turn yellow over time and they give us a smooth and very soft finish that makes them the type of false nails with the most natural appearance. This is a great advantage, since you will not be forced to put additional paints to keep them as new and you will be able to do the maintenance without fear of losing quality.
? How to put gel nails
Whether it is for a professional application or an application at home, it is necessary to know the various stages of the placement of gel nails , as well as understand the necessary theories and handle the different techniques required to avoid problems in natural nails in the future. Here we show you step by step how to place gel nails :
- Uv lamp
- Sculpting gels: base, build, and gloss / finish gel.
- Other types of gels according to what is needed.
- Tips or molds
- Different files
- Guillotine for tips
- Nail prep: degreaser
- Paste: for tips
- Primer: acid that helps the gel adhere to the natural nail
- Cleaner: product used to remove gel residue after being exposed to UV light
- Others: special brushes, cottons, solvents, etc.
In this part, the hands must be washed and disinfected, the cuticles are gently pushed, the surface of the nail must be degreased to allow adhesion (file), a nail prep must be applied to regulate its PH and thus also favor the resistance of the gel nail on it.
- After the preparation of the natural nail, the appropriate tip for the nail is selected.
- The tip is glued, avoiding air bubbles.
- With the help of the guillotine, the tip is cut to the desired height.
- The unevenness that remains between the natural nail and the tip must be filed until it is not noticeable.
- The primer is placed, but only on the natural nail, since being an acid it could deteriorate the tip.
- The base, construction and finishing gels are placed one after another. Each layer should be catalyzed for 2 minutes under UV light before moving on to the next.
- With the completion of each coat, also remember to always use the cleaner to remove any remains of nail gel that may have remained.
In this case, the primer is applied to the entire natural nail and the gel is applied directly to it. With the help of a mold it is possible to guide oneself to naturally lengthen the nail.
The first layer of gel should only be applied to the natural nail (2 min under UV light); Then, the second layer of construction will allow to give the desired height to the nail and the final shape (another 2 min under UV light) and finally the layer of glossy gel is placed that will give a better finish. Remember that with the completion of each of the three layers you must remove any remaining gel with the help of the cleaner.
UV gel is also used in other techniques such as acrigel : which combines acrylic nails with a final layer of UV gel for its ease of decoration and finishing.