A dark lipstick can be sexy and bold, as well as very feminine. For years, strong tonalities for the lips have become an important trend among celebrities, on the catwalks and in fashion magazines, so they are increasingly popular for the general public. The problem is that sometimes they are difficult to apply and combine. Therefore we offer some tips to use it that will be very useful.
Tips for using a dark lipstick
Among the tips to use a dark lipstick , we must highlight the following:
1. Choose the tone that best suits us. Within the dark colors we find a great variety, from red to wine. It is important that we know which are the most appropriate for us. For example, if we have clear skin we will be better matte finishes, while if our skin is dark it will be better to opt for a brown base.
2. Healthy lips :The dark tones highlight any imperfections, such as irritation or dryness. Therefore it is recommended to keep the lips healthy with daily care as the application of balms, sunscreens or frequent exfoliation.
3. Use eyeliner: It is likely that the paint slips when we eat or drink something, or simply with the passing of the hours. To avoid it we can delineate them with a pencil of the same color, or in any case, of a tone a little darker. Although this does not guarantee that the makeup does not end up running, so we also have to use a product of quality and long duration.
4. Apply compact powders: It’s another trick for makeup to stay in place. We just need to apply a few powders around the edge of the lips with a thin brush.
5. Apply the lipstick with a brush. For better maintenance, it is best to superimpose several layers. Previously, it is advisable to apply a first one, in order to achieve a better fixation of the color. Then we can apply the lipstick little by little with a brush, after which we remove the excess by gently pressing with a tissue. Repeat the process and seal with a little translucent powder. In addition, with a brush we will achieve greater control, avoiding getting out of the natural line.
6. Soft colors for the rest of the face. The lips should be the stars of the look, so for the rest of the face we should choose light shades. Shadows of dark eyes are strictly prohibited, as the result would be very unsightly. The key is to balance the tones.
7. Test with balms or dyes. If we still do not decide on dark lipsticks , we can try these products, the result is not so intense. Also, they have the advantage that their application is easier and faster, because to apply them we do not need to outline the lips previously, or add compact powders afterwards.
What other tips to use a dark lipstick would you add?