Unless you are an expert looking for offers or have a lot of money, renewing your wardrobe regularly can be expensive. That’s why, we give you some tips to update, renew and fix your clothes. Keep reading and learn more.
Do you always get bored of the same clothes?
Most of us are bored of always wearing the same clothes. We don’t like to always have to wear the same clothes. This is the main reason why women spend money in stores.
We are always looking to improve our look and keep up with the latest trends. But, season after season we end up spending a lot of money. Besides, the changes of season also imply the need to have more pieces in the closet.
The reality is that it is easy to update and renew your old clothes . You just need to follow some of these tips and tricks that we will give you today. In addition, it is very important to have certain skills for crafts, imagination and perhaps see some ideas on the Internet.
Follow these recommendations to make some improvements to your clothes and save money .
Quick fixes for your clothes
- The sleeves of the jerseys tend to widen. To solve this, turn it inside out, using a blunt needle or a crochet hook, take the last thread, pull the hook to the back of the fabric. With a needle or fingers, gently pull both sides of the thread until it is well distributed.
- Small holes in the jeans: carefully take the thread of the same color between the two sides of the hole and connect them. Place the fingertip on the new cooked piece to flatten that part.
- Water stains on leather: spray a mixture of cold water and vinegar and gently scrub.
- To keep the buttons well on your shirts, apply transparent nail polish on the button holes. This will block the seams and prevent them from coming out.
- If the wire of the cup of the bra comes out, solve quickly with moleskin tape or with an adhesive band.
- The zipper of pants and jackets can easily get stuck. To solve this, take a graphite pencil and run it through your teeth to “grease them”.
- In the pants with drawstring at the waist it can happen that this rope is going inwards or that it comes out completely. Fix it by tying a safety pin to one of the corners of the cord and put it on the waist of the pants, go moving it until it comes out at the other end.
More solutions for small problems with your clothes
It is not a problem, if you do not have a needle and threads on hand you can use transparent adhesive tape to solve quickly. You can cut a piece of the size you need and place it between the two fabrics, then pass the iron and go.
We all love to buy dark jeans , they are the most versatile, they serve for formal outings and also for wearing with t-shirt. But, these are gradually losing their original color, to prevent it from adding ½ cup of distilled vinegar in the last wash cycle.
If you want to keep panty hose for a longer time, apply transparent nail polish on the parts that you see most discarded. You can also use hair spray, it has the same utility.
- We all know that a solution for old and worn jeans is to cut them. So you can turn them into other pieces such as shorts or shorts. But, it is also an option for dresses, for example, a maxi dress can become a mini one.
- Similarly, an old shirt can turn it into a crop top. Or a shirt with button sleeves can be a summer sleeveless blouse.
- Do this if you are good with scissors and needles. So you can save a lot of money and convert old parts into new ones.
Adding details can help you renew an old piece . You can add ties, buttons, brightness and more, the options are endless. You can transform a pair of old shoes with some glitter or some ties.
To an old simple t-shirt you can add flowers, a logo or any printed item. Another option is to cut a figure on the back of the shirt and add another fabric, you can be a letter, a flower, whatever you want.
One-color shorts you can turn them into one of dots with a special fabric paint. It is very simple. It is also a very good idea to add patches on the elbows of shirts, jackets and long-sleeved shirts, it is easy and you will give shine to an old piece.
All you need is a needle, paste, the details you want to add and some imagination.