The success of any plastic surgery depends on many factors, and a good and proper postoperative care is essential in this regard.
In this article you can get information about postoperative liposuction, as well as the care you have to contemplate major issues after completing the operation.
After a liposuction is normal during the first 24 to 48 hours of the drain hole bloody fluid exit, feel a pain of variable intensity, somnolence and increased temperature.
In the days following surgery, the doctor will remove the drains and indicates the use of belts or containment medium, time use of them depends on the case. Once the wounds have closed the stitches are removed and the treatments begin with gentle lymphatic drainage and starting the second week, proceed the massage modelers therapy.
Post-operative care for Liposuction surgery:
- The first 24 hours of rest must be absolute, the 4 or 5 days of relative rest are.
- In the cases of liposuction is performed in the lower body, you have to walk for short periods totaling 2 hours a day and at the end, rest with legs elevated.
- In the first weeks is due to apply gentle massage with creams prescribed by the doctor, and start with lymphatic drainage.
- After removing the points you must perform a root node and modeling massages and kneading for at least two consecutive months. The type of massage that you need at the time of treatment depends on the case, so it is important that the practitioner is in contact with the surgeon who performed the procedure.
- Compression stockings or strips must be used for a month and a half, taking care not to form folds to prevent adhesions.
- Do not stand or sit for long, nor sudden exercise or high-impact activities like jumping, running, aerobics, horse riding, etc..
- Avoid sun exposure for the duration of bruising, and for six weeks or so, the scars do not have to be in contact with the sun to prevent staining.
- Regarding physical activity, this depends on the extent and area where the liposuction was performed, from the month following the surgery can be carried out activities that involve jumping or efforts.